TERMS & CONDITIONS
We cater for all standard dietary requirements, e.g. vegetarians receive a completely separate banquet at the same charge per person. As a general rule of thumb, the more notice we have, the better the experience for our guests, however, due to the preparation of dishes and some imported ingredients we cannot completely guarantee dishes are free from allergens such as (but not limited to) traces of nuts, gluten or shellfish products.
Please note that as our menu is heavily Asian-influenced, we regret we cannot accommodate any dietary requirements relating to staple Asian ingredients (e.g. chilli, lemongrass, coriander etc). These are usually included in all base sauces, marinades, dressings and condiments, and are difficult to exclude from most dishes. Severely dietary restricted orders may therefore only receive one dish at a reduced cost depending on the severity of the restriction.
For all groups of 12 or more a Banquet selection is compulsory. The entire party must participate in the Banquet. In other words, you cannot have part of the table on a la carte and part of the table on banquet. Please note: All menu items are subject to change due to seasonal availability.
Children under 12 will receive a half price banquet. Children under 4 incur no charge.
We do not allow any BYO of any food or drink (with the exception of religious food or very specific dietary requirements). Exceptions to this rule are of course BYO specific periods which are specifically defined, and usually exclude large groups or private/semi-private bookings.
Constant Video Surveillance:
Please note that whilst on the premises of Red Spice Road, you and any of your party may be subject to video surveillance for the security of our patrons and staff. Access to this information is limited to the General Manager and the owner only and any law enforcement officer upon request.
Terms of payment:
- We accept EFTPOS and all credit cards. Each payment made by debit or credit card will attract a 1.65% surcharge.
- We can only accept a maximum of three separate payments per bill. We do not accept individual billing.
- Accounts, personal and company cheques will only be accepted if prior written notice has been approved by Red Spice Road.
- Full payment, minus any deposit paid will be due on the day.
- Apples + Pears gift vouchers are accepted as part or full payment in a single transaction. No cash refunds will be given for unused value.
- Please note that for all Public Holidays, a 10% surcharge will be added to your bill.
Public Holiday Surcharge:
Any bookings made on a public holiday will have a surcharge of 10% added to the total bill. Please note this is not included in the minimum spend.
Group bookings of 12 of more (non-private-area):
In order to secure a booking for groups of 12 or more guests, we require you to provide credit card details, submitted via a secure online form. You are able to alter your final numbers without penalty anytime prior to the booking commencement time by calling the reservations team on (03) 9603 1601. If fewer than your booked amount turn up on the day without notifying the restaurant, or if you cancel your booking within 24 hours of the booking commencement you will be charged a no-show fee for each non-attendee. The no-show fee will be equivalent to 50% of the chosen banquet cost per person.
There will be no charge to your credit card unless the above circumstances occur.
Refund policy for pre-purchased ticketed events:
There are no refunds for ticketed events. If you cannot attend an event, you are more than welcome to sell your spot, otherwise it will be forfeited. If the event is sold out, a full refund will be considered provided we can successfully resell the spot on your behalf.
All cancellations receive an SMS and/or email (if an email is attached to your customer profile and you have not opted out from communication from us via email). This is your proof of cancellation (POC). If you do not receive a POC after canceling, please call us immediately on 03 9603 1601. Failure to do so may render you liable for the additional costs as per the conditions above.
You are required to confirm final numbers no later than 48 hours prior to your booking. Your food and beverage will be calculated using the final numbers or the actual number of attendees, whichever the greater.
Pricing is locked in for a maximum 6 months from booking date. For functions booked more than 6 months in advance, please check with your Events Manager as to the pricing increase.
You are required fill in a Group Booking Confirmation Form at the time of booking. Deposits are required as per the following schedule:
- 20 and above: $250
- Lotus Room 1 and 2: $500
- Lotus XL: $1,000
- Courtyard: $500
- Lantern/Long Room $1,000
- Sole Use: $1000 with full amount paid 1 month prior to the event
Please note, GST is applied to the final bill. As a deposit is a pre-payment, GST does not apply until the final transaction. Any receipt for deposits paid will excluded GST.
Cancellation and deposit refunds:
The following applies to all deposit receipts should you cancel your booking:
- 60 days or more – a full refund will be given.
- Between 30 and 60 days - The deposit amount will be retained but can be transferred for a future event at either venue and used within 6 months.
- Between 8 and 29 days - The deposit will be forfeited.
- Less than 7 days - Forfeit any deposits paid, and the balance of the Minimum Spend will be charged to your credit card.
You can either run a tab from our bar for your party with any limitations you like or you can select one of our many beverage package (min 12 guests) and have unlimited beer wine, soft drinks juice for the duration of the event.
If you have a private booking or one where a minimum spend is required, this must be reached before guests can order individually at the bar.
We have a selection of extras available for private rooms. This will include flowers, candles and tablecloths. Please contact reservations for more information.
An 8% discretionary service charge is added to the total bill for private/semi-private areas or groups of 20 or more. This is not included in the minimum spend.
AV equipment: (Private Dining Only):
We have a microphone, projector and screen available for hire at $50 per item if required.
We reserve the right to pass on any costs to you incurred by (but not limited to):
- Decorations that remove paint or varnish from walls and/or fixtures, including Blu-Tack
- Any damage that can be considered over and above fair wear and tear
- Scratched or broken furniture
- Disappearance of any item or fixture from the restaurant or private rooms that can be deemed to have occurred by you or someone from your party from CCTV footage or witness statements.